Monday, August 04, 2008

c25k



Couch to 5 km!
The only way I thought I might start running was if there were three frothing German Shepherds on my heals. I finally started the "program". There is a podcast at c25k.com that has a 9 week program to help those who have not run in a while to run 5k. Tonight was the first night. Yes I am out of shape, but it felt good; it was good thinking time and it was great to take deep long breaths of fresh air. The first week consists of 3 runs (every-other-day) that include 8-60 second runs combined with 90 second recovery times. There is a 5 minute warm up and warm down that you do by brisk walking. I think I'll try it again on Wednesday! So should you.

1 comment:

L.Bo Marie said...

Did I tell you Kate and I started running?
It's our own couch to 5k version... sadly, I[ve done nothing now in 4 days... maybe back on the couch...